27 – MAKING ART SHOULD BE FUN
PLAYTIME :) Making Art Should Be Fun … if it’s not fun, stop doing it. I always used to have that mantra when playing videogames. If I wasn’t having fun, I would just stop playing it. This week I realised the same applies to everything in life, including making Art.
2018 will be the first year I don’t exhibit my Realistic Pencil Drawings in the Plymouth Art Club’s yearly Art Exhibition, and it’s because
Creating a lilSOPHiE is way more FUN
I was still strangling with the thought that I don’t want to be in this years Art Exhibition, or create a new Realistic Pencil Drawing for it, when I randomly bumped into Artist Dave Crocker outside my house; we first met in 2014 at my very first Art Exhibition.
We had a lovely chat about LIFE BEING CHAPTERS, and how everything, including Realistic Pencil Drawings, can be seen as like STEPPING STONES TO KEEP YOU MOVING FORWARD; and just because you leave one stone behind for now, DOESN’T MEAN YOU CAN’T RETURN TO IT AT A LATER DATE.
Such a spontaneous encounter, but it really helped me make sense of my conflicting thoughts, and how Making Art Should Be Fun :)
I also briefly talk about another Lucid Dream experience, this time with a doubleganger trying to sabotage my Lucid Dreaming efforts, and we have this weeks lil ART TIP, which is
lil ART TIP
INVEST IN SOME COMPUTER GLASSES, SO YOU CAN DIGITALLY PAINT AWAY FOR HOURS WITHOUT ANY EYE STRAIN OR HEADACHES … PLUS THEY LOOK SEXY :)
Hope you enjoy this one. If you have any tips/ struggles about how to get the fun back in your art, or if you have any questions/topics you’d like discussed in future episodes, please get in touch. You can message me down the bottom of this page, or by SENDING ME AN EMAIL
• Dave Crocker – Official site of Artist Dave Crocker who always has the wisest words and advice :)
• Mini Drawings – a drawing exercise created by Lee Hammond, originally called Segment Drawings, that I think are a nice balance between working realistically, without having to invest large amounts of time :)
• INKtober – 31 days, 31 drawings … I’ll be taking part in this years INKtober, creating 31 lilSOPHiE’S :)
• lilSOPHiE Affirmations – I talk about these briefly on the show, these are where I get the most fun making art • FLUX – The software I talk about on the show to help with eye train when on the computer
• Computer Glasses – These are the ones I own, they even come in a sexy lil case :) Buying a pair of these, which are only £12, was the best thing I ever did to stop eye strain and headaches when creating Digital Paintings :)
• Dream Views Podcast – I found this show during the week; I love it, there’s not many episodes, but the ones that are there, especially the Q&A ones will really improve your lucid dreaming skills :)
” CHANGE IS HARD AT FIRST, MESSY IN THE MIDDLE, AND GORGEOUS AT THE END “
– Robin Sharma