NEVER SACRIFICE SLEEP, I’ve always believed that, but now I know how important that lil quote really is. There wasn’t much dreaming going on this week either … messing up the sleep routine even affected the dream realm. As lilSOPHIE would say, eek lol
We do have a new lil ART TIP though, which is
lil ART TIP TIME
NEVER ASSUME WHEN LEARNING ANYTING TO DO WITH ART … Basically, give everything a try, because that one thing you assume you won’t like/need, may end up being the best ting you ever tried. :)
Hope you like this one. If you have any tips/ struggles about finding the balance between work, play and sleep, or if you have any questions/topics you’d like discussed in future episodes, please get in touch. You can message me down the bottom of this page, by leaving a comment on YouTube, or by SENDING AN EMAIL
Time to go get some sleep :)
This weeks Inspirational Quote goes to the Dalai Lama
“SLEEP IS THE BEST MEDITATION.“
– The Dalai Lama
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
LINKS DISCUSSED ON THE SHOW
• Wunderlist App – I use this to get ideas and stuff out of my head before they pop out of existence lol Its a really sexy app that works on pretty much any device, and it’s free :)
• lilSOPHIE Affirmations – I talk about these briefly on the show, these are where I get the most fun making art
• How To Draw Lifelike Portraits from Photographs, by Lee Hammond – I bring this book up briefly during the lil ART Tip
• How To Grid Realistic Pencil Drawings – This weeks lil Art Tip is about how not to Assume when Learning anyting to do with Art, and it was during my first time using a grid to draw realistically that I realised … I had to stop assuming I wouldn’t need/like something before even giving it a try. In this blog post, I show the step by step process of how I grid my realistic Pencil Drawings :)
• YOUTUBE @SophieLawson – including Sophie’s lil Art tips, episodes of this Podcast and some of my Pencil Drawings :)
• TWITTER @SophieLawsonArt – Come say hello, I post random stuff on here :)
• INSTAGRAM @Sophie.Lawson – Pop along to my lil INSTAGRAM feed, where I plop out images from time to time lol
HAVE A COMMENT OR TOPIC FOR THE SHOW?
Send me a message, using the form below, and I’ll see what I can do :)
“EVERYTING IS LINKED TO SLEEP…“
– Sophie Lawson
This week I talk about my first time floating in a float tank … one of the strangest experiences I’ve ever have. I recorded this one down the park, and just as I was finishing up, the episode got gate crashed by a bloke called Nick playing a guitar … so this one gets very random at the end :)
On this episode I talk about Self Doubt, and how I’m starting to realise, with the help of Lucid Dreaming and Automatic Writing, that Self Doubt is a fear that shouldn’t be something to run away from, but instead embraced, with the Loving arms of Action.
There was supposed to be a new YouTube video this week, but it never happened because I wanted things to be perfect … so instead of putting something out that wasn’t perfect, I put nothing out :( This week I talk about something I find really hard to do … putting out imperfect work. and how it’s better to put something out that’s good enough, than nothing at all.
It’s that time of year again … when the sun comes out to play, so do the drawing pencils :) It’s time to start sketching people in public, something I was terrified to do at first, but it’s one of the most fun ways to improve, and loosen up, both your drawing, and the mind :)
Drawing Erasers are not just for erasing mistakes, they can be just as much a drawing tool as a pencil :) Join me for episode Four of the So Free Art Podcast, where I talk about my Best Drawing Erasers for Realistic Pencil Drawing. Including my favourite: Plastic Eraser, Kneaded Eraser, Battery Operated Eraser and the Tombow Mono Zero Eraser Pen :)
This lil episode is all about Crap Drawings, well, part of it is … this is my Spontaneous A to Z of Art, where I run through the alphabet and say the first art related word that springs to mind and talk about it. We have C is for Crap Drawings, B is for Boring Exercises, O is for Orange and I is for Inspiration, at one point K was for King Kong lol this one gets a bit nutty at times :)
This lil episode covers a lot of topics, but mainly it’s about my early experience of using Lucid Dreaming to help heal from Child Abuse … I also talk about Virtual Reality with PSVR, are Videogames bad for you?, a Reiki Healing ‘Healing crisis’, Following Your Bliss, Genital Reassignment Surgery and how I think from time to time we all have to stop and ask ourselves … What do I really want From Life?
In this lil episode I share some stories from my brief time throwing paint around, while trying Abstract Painting for the first time. As someone whose really only done pencil drawings before, this was a totally different experience … I found to be Fantastically Freeing, and Massively Messy :)
This lil episode is about how Making Art should be Fun, and a time to Play. I realised something this week, I don’t enjoy realistic pencil drawings as much as I used to, which scared me at first until I realised, if you’re not having fun, stop doing it :) I also share another Lucid Dream experience, and this weeks lil Art Tip is about avoiding eye strain while Digitally Painting :)
“Podcasts are Music for the Mind.”