39 – SOCIAL MEDIA AS AN ARTIST
This weeks lil episode is another one of those brain dump ones, this time, about Social Media. I have a strange love hate relationship with social media; but talk about the Good and Bad, Curating Content and the Struggles of Focusing.
I give a brief overview of the main types of Social Media as an Artist too, where I feel like
- YouTube is a Social Search Engine
- Twitter a lil brain dump Journal type thing
- Instagram a collection of Finished Artwork
- Facebook is a place for Extroverts, and Twitter more for Introverts
- Pinterest is the best place for Finding and Collecting a bunch of Inspiration
- Tumblr seems like a sort of social Blog thing
- Dribbble seems professional and for people trying to put together an Online Portfolio
- DeviantArt is like a big massive Social Community for Artists
- ArtStation is another professional one, but it feels more like separate sites for each Artist instead of a community
lil ART TIP TIME
THE IMPORTANCE OF SHARPENING YOUR PENCIL
BOOK BOOK 3
Momentary, the Art of Ilya Kuvshinov
Each week I take a look at a book, and this weeks BOOK BOOK is another beautiful lil book called, Momentary, the Art of Ilya Kuvshinov.
If you love Videogame / Anime style female characters, you will adore this book. As I said on the episode, “This book is so tasty looking, I could actually eat it.” :)
The following is a video review I did of the book :)
There’s a bit of Lucid Dreaming at the end too, about how I’m being to see Lucid Dreaming as a Series of Fear Based Tests.
Hope you like this one.
• SVSLEARN – Society of Visual Storytelling
• Staedtler MARS Clutch Pencil
• Momentary, The Art of Ilya Kuvshinov Book Review Video
• Momentary, the Art of Ilya Kuvshinov BOOK on Amazon
” THE MOST IMPORTANT MOTOR FOR ME?
A GREAT STORY.
STORIES ARE EVERYWHERE: IN MOVIES, GAMES, COMICS, IN LIFE ITSELF … AND SOME GREAT STORIES CAN NOT ONLY INSPIRE, BUT TO CHANGE THE WHOLE MAN AND HIS EXISTENCE. “
– Ilya Kuvshinov