SVSLearn.com is the main topic for this weeks lil episode, as I talk about my experience Studying with SVSLearn, the Society of Visual Storytelling.
I also tell a lil story at the end about a Meditation I recently had, which was … umm … interesting!
Hope you like this one :)
lil ART TIP 21
CREATING COLOUR PALETTES FROM PHOTOGRAPHS
BOOK BOOK 8
KEYS TO DRAWING, by BERT DODSON
FASCINATING FACT 3
LEARNING THAT IS SPACED OUT OVER TIME, KNOWN AS DISTRIBUTED PRACTICE, DRASTICALLY INCREASES KNOWLEDGE RETENTION
LINKS DISCUSSED ON THE SHOW
• Society of Visual Storytelling – Home of the online Art Classes and Courses from this weeks main topic, the 3 Point Perspective Podcast and SVSLearn Forums
• Paintable.cc – Online Digital Painting Course I tested for a few months and recommend :)
• Proko – A fantastic Site to improve your figure drawing skills
• Ctrl+Paint : Digital Painting Simplified – Love this site, lots of easy to understand video guides
• Canva Colour Palette – Great resource to turn photos into colour palettes
• PaletteFX Colour Palette – Another great resource for turning photos into colour palettes, and also includes colour harmony suggestions :)
• Keys To Drawing by Bert Dodson – lil review of this weeks book book
• Fascinating Fact – more information about this weeks Fascinating Fact
• Holotrophic Breathing Technique Video – an interesting new spiritual practice
• Free Hemi Sync Meditation – Beautiful Guided Meditation
• YOUTUBE @SophieLawson – including lil Art Tips, episodes of this Podcast, Inspirational Artists and some of my Artwork :)
• TWITTER @SophieLawsonArt – Come say hello, I post me stuff on here :)
• INSTAGRAM @Sophie.Lawson – Pop along to my lil INSTAGRAM feed, where I plop out images from time to time lol
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
SEND ME A MESSAGE
” BE INTENTIONAL ABOUT THE CHOICES YOU’RE MAKING. “
– Will Terry, from the SVSLEARN – Creative Composition Course
This weeks lil episode could be the last one before they put me in a Mental Asylum lol It starts out talking about how I think I need to go back to basics with my Art, before I bounce all over the place asking questions like: What are we Doing here? Are Introverts Aliens? What is Rest? Is the Subconscious an External Source? Are some Thoughts other Peoples Feelings? … I also talk about AI, Virtual Reality and Out of Body Experiences, as well as this weeks lil Art Tip, which is how to Grid a Pencil Drawing without putting any lines on your paper. This one is a lil all over the place, but hopefully you enjoy it :)
It’s that time of year again … when the sun comes out to play, so do the drawing pencils :) It’s time to start sketching people in public, something I was terrified to do at first, but it’s one of the most fun ways to improve, and loosen up, both your drawing, and the mind :)
On this episode I talk about Self Doubt, and how I’m starting to realise, with the help of Lucid Dreaming and Automatic Writing, that Self Doubt is a fear that shouldn’t be something to run away from, but instead embraced, with the Loving arms of Action.
There was supposed to be a new YouTube video this week, but it never happened because I wanted things to be perfect … so instead of putting something out that wasn’t perfect, I put nothing out :( This week I talk about something I find really hard to do … putting out imperfect work. and how it’s better to put something out that’s good enough, than nothing at all.
This lil ones about the Lucid Dreaming Practice, some of the tings I’ve found helpful in becoming Lucid, and also, the struggles of dedicating to the Lucid Dreaming Practice, while still Producing and Studying Art. The Book Book is Journeys Out Of The Body, by Robert Monroe, the lil Art Tip is about the importance of Drawing What You Love and the Fascinating Fact is the Amount of Time we Spend Dreaming in a Lifetime. Hope you enjoy this one :)
This lil episode is all about Crap Drawings, well, part of it is … this is my Spontaneous A to Z of Art, where I run through the alphabet and say the first art related word that springs to mind and talk about it. We have C is for Crap Drawings, B is for Boring Exercises, O is for Orange and I is for Inspiration, at one point K was for King Kong lol this one gets a bit nutty at times :)
This lil one’s all about finding Focus and Balance by Waking Up Early, something I’ve just started doing, and so far, so good … it almost feels like I’ve magically created extra hours in the day :) I also talk about a couple Lucid Dreams and the lil art tip of the week is to do with pencil cases :)
This lil podcast’s about saying Thank You when things aren’t going so well, a new Fun 8 Minute Drawing Challenge I’ve found, and Sausages … this weeks lil Art Tip is actually a lil Sausage Tip :) There’s also the BOOK BOOK, which is a book called Feeling is the Secret, by Neville Goddard. Hope you like this sausage lol
A few days ago I had my first Lucid Dream … since than, my mind’s gone deep into the Lucid Dreaming Rabbit Hole. I’ve started asking myself: Is it possible to Manifest a Painting while Dreaming, than create it for real when you Wake up? Sounds Bonkers, but turns out there’s proof it can be done :)
On this lil episode, I start by sharing an embarrassing story, before jumping into the main topic of the drawing exercise Automatic Drawing. I also revisit a book I read in 2017 called Feel The Fear and Do It Away, by Susan Jeffers, talk about the subconscious and how 95% of the time we don’t even know we’re doing, and finally … the lil art tip looks at the benefits of taking a break :) Hope you like this one.
“Podcasts are Music for the Mind.”