This weeks random topic was …
‘ Talk About Psychedelics ‘ selected by Dennis the Doggy was this weeks random topic, and it ends up being a right trippy episode talking about:
- Lucid Dreaming,
- Mushrooms vs Technology and
- How Fear appears to be Controlling Society.
I also wonder:
- Are Our Memories Really Dreams?,
- Are Psychedelics Creating Our Dreams?, and
- Are Psychedelics Bad, or have we been Lied to?
I also talk about Why Sketching in Crappy Sketchbooks is a good idea, a Lucid Dreaming Stabilisation Technique Steve Job and I Created within a Lucid Dream lol, How Lucid Dreaming is like a Fear Playground, and there’s a bit about the Fear of Success too.
Hope you enjoy :)
* PS, I did a bit of research after the episode about this weeks Inspirational quote, as it confused me. Turns out, it’s all about bringing your attention back to the present moment to stay mindful. *
WATCH ON YOUTUBE
LINKS DISCUSSED ON THE SHOW
• Top 15 Transgender Podcasts To Listen To in 2019 – Thanks to Anuj from blog.feedspot.com for including the So Free Art Podcast in this list, lilSOPHiE says thanks too :)
• Crappy Sketchbooks and Crappy Sketches – in this blog post for Days 9 to 16 of the Cats of June 2019 Art Challenge, I talk about how Crappy Sketchbooks will actually help improve your ability to Overcome the Fear of Failure.
• Creative Bank Account – Jake Parker talks, in this video, about how you need to always be filling your Creative Bank Account with Inspirational tings in order to be inspired to create more art. Wonder if you could create a Psychedelic Creative Bank Account :)
• Mother Ayawaska – Graham Hancock talks, in this video, about Mother Ayawaska, a female entity that may come say hello, when you take the Psychedelic Ayawaska.
• YOUTUBE @SophieLawson – including Art Books and Art Tool Reviews, Sketching Sessions, lil Art Tips, Podcast Episodes and a bunch of other tings :)
• TWITTER @SophieLawsonArt – Come say hello, I post me stuff on here :)
• INSTAGRAM @Sophie.Lawson – Pop along to my lil INSTAGRAM feed, where I plop out images from time to time lol
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
SEND ME A MESSAGE
” THE FACULTY OF VOLUNTARILY BRINGING BACK A WANDERING ATTENTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN, IS THE VERY ROOT OF JUDGEMENT, CHARACTER AND WILL.
AN EDUCATION WHICH SHOULD IMPROVE THIS FACULTY WOULD BE THE EDUCATION PAR EXCELLENCE. BUT IT IS EASIER TO DEFINE THIS IDEAL THAN TO GIVE PRACTICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR BRINGING IT ABOUT. “
– William James
What’s the Best Drawing Paper for Gesture Drawing? Sketching? and Realistic Pencil Drawing? Join me for episode One of the So Free Art Podcast, to find out :)
Death. On this one I talk about Why I think it’s good to think about Death from Time to Time, How it can Help You Appreciate People in your Life More, How it can Help You Face Fears, Achieve Goals and Lead to you becoming a Better Artist and Human Being. I also ask, Are we Dead already?, What Happens during the Death Process? and Are Dreams Linked to the Death Realm? Hope you like this one :)
What are the Best Drawing Pencils for Gesture Drawing? Sketching? or Realistic Pencil Drawing? No idea lol but join me for episode Three of the So Free Art Podcast, to find what my personal favourite Drawing Pencils are, and why I prefer using Mechanical / Clutch pencils over traditional wooden pencils :)
In this lil episode, I share a theory that’s been on my mind for about a year now … has our Reality been Sabotaged? Are we inside a Virtual Reality? Is God really the Devil? I also talk about Remote Viewing, Precognitive Dreams and a few other tings. Hope you find this one interesting :)
On this episode I talk about Finding Focus … or at least I try to, it’s funny, this podcast is about focus, yet it’s the most unfocused one I’ve done yet lol Thoughts are everywhere, but hopefully you can find some bits of wisdom in here somewhere. I’m more talking to myself during this episode, about how I’m struggling to focus on my Art at the moment, ways I’m trying to create new habits and a little bit about discipline, plus there’s a bit of spirituality thrown in for good measure too; this is weird one :)
This lil episode is all about copying other artists work, not the naughty kind of copying, but the drawing exercise that’s a fun way to play and learn at the same time :) We also have a new ‘lil art tips’ feature joining the podcast this week, woohoo lol
On this episode I talk about Self Awareness and Art … Learning how to Draw is all about Self Awareness, such as being aware of Negative Spaces, but it doesn’t have to stop with the Art. This same Self Awareness can be used to start tackling mental issues like OCD, Social Anxiety and even heal suppressed emotional situations from our life. Art is powerful, it always seems to lead to Self Awareness, which seems key to self healing.
This weeks lil episode could be the last one before they put me in a Mental Asylum lol It starts out talking about how I think I need to go back to basics with my Art, before I bounce all over the place asking questions like: What are we Doing here? Are Introverts Aliens? What is Rest? Is the Subconscious an External Source? Are some Thoughts other Peoples Feelings? … I also talk about AI, Virtual Reality and Out of Body Experiences, as well as this weeks lil Art Tip, which is how to Grid a Pencil Drawing without putting any lines on your paper. This one is a lil all over the place, but hopefully you enjoy it :)
‘ Read one of your Diary Entries – Experiences ‘ was this weeks lil topic, and it ends up being a pretty Deep conversation about the Power of Affirmations. I talk about going to Art Class as me for the first time, how all Beliefs are both True and Lies at the same time, and a recent Negative Mental Relapse which strangely fits into the episode nicely, in order to highlight just how Important and Powerful Daily Affirmations are in helping you to Face Your Fears … there’s even a bit about the Cats of June Art Challenge too. Hope you enjoy this ‘I need a Drink’ episode :)
‘What are you currently Struggling with?’, is this weeks random topic … and it ends up being an episode about the Struggles of trying to Curate and Focus an Instagram feed: How do you decide what to focus on, when multiple Passions seem right? Do you even need to curate an Instagram Feed? Why is Focus so bleeding hard? lol This one’s a bit like being a pinball bouncing around inside my brain as I try to work out what to do. Hope you like this one :)
“Podcasts are Music for the Mind.”