This weeks random topic was …
‘ Talk About Psychedelics ‘ selected by Dennis the Doggy was this weeks random topic, and it ends up being a right trippy episode talking about:
- Lucid Dreaming,
- Mushrooms vs Technology and
- How Fear appears to be Controlling Society.
I also wonder:
- Are Our Memories Really Dreams?,
- Are Psychedelics Creating Our Dreams?, and
- Are Psychedelics Bad, or have we been Lied to?
I also talk about Why Sketching in Crappy Sketchbooks is a good idea, a Lucid Dreaming Stabilisation Technique Steve Job and I Created within a Lucid Dream lol, How Lucid Dreaming is like a Fear Playground, and there’s a bit about the Fear of Success too.
Hope you enjoy :)
* PS, I did a bit of research after the episode about this weeks Inspirational quote, as it confused me. Turns out, it’s all about bringing your attention back to the present moment to stay mindful. *
WATCH ON YOUTUBE
LINKS DISCUSSED ON THE SHOW
• Top 15 Transgender Podcasts To Listen To in 2019 – Thanks to Anuj from blog.feedspot.com for including the So Free Art Podcast in this list, lilSOPHiE says thanks too :)
• Crappy Sketchbooks and Crappy Sketches – in this blog post for Days 9 to 16 of the Cats of June 2019 Art Challenge, I talk about how Crappy Sketchbooks will actually help improve your ability to Overcome the Fear of Failure.
• Creative Bank Account – Jake Parker talks, in this video, about how you need to always be filling your Creative Bank Account with Inspirational tings in order to be inspired to create more art. Wonder if you could create a Psychedelic Creative Bank Account :)
• Mother Ayawaska – Graham Hancock talks, in this video, about Mother Ayawaska, a female entity that may come say hello, when you take the Psychedelic Ayawaska.
• YOUTUBE @SophieLawson – including Art Books and Art Tool Reviews, Sketching Sessions, lil Art Tips, Podcast Episodes and a bunch of other tings :)
• TWITTER @SophieLawsonArt – Come say hello, I post me stuff on here :)
• INSTAGRAM @Sophie.Lawson – Pop along to my lil INSTAGRAM feed, where I plop out images from time to time lol
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
SEND ME A MESSAGE
” THE FACULTY OF VOLUNTARILY BRINGING BACK A WANDERING ATTENTION OVER AND OVER AGAIN, IS THE VERY ROOT OF JUDGEMENT, CHARACTER AND WILL.
AN EDUCATION WHICH SHOULD IMPROVE THIS FACULTY WOULD BE THE EDUCATION PAR EXCELLENCE. BUT IT IS EASIER TO DEFINE THIS IDEAL THAN TO GIVE PRACTICAL INSTRUCTIONS FOR BRINGING IT ABOUT. “
– William James
In this weeks lil episode, I ask the question, Are Videogames Bad For You? You can replace Videogames with any hobby really, as I think it all comes down to finding balance and your beliefs. There’s also the lil Art Tip, which is about Taking Your Time when Drawing Realistic Hair, and there’s a slice of Lucid Dreaming talk too: False Awakenings and how Lucid Dreaming is improving my Waking Life. Hope you like it :)
This lil episode is about how Making Art should be Fun, and a time to Play. I realised something this week, I don’t enjoy realistic pencil drawings as much as I used to, which scared me at first until I realised, if you’re not having fun, stop doing it :) I also share another Lucid Dream experience, and this weeks lil Art Tip is about avoiding eye strain while Digitally Painting :)
This lil episode is all about something I got hit with recently … Overwhelm. I talk about how I think I need videogames in my life for balance, how Transitioning takes up a lot of time, remembering why I started Drawing in the First place, Floatation Tanks, Swimming, Reiki Healing … I even talk about turning my Willy into a Fanny on this one lol
This lil episode’s more like a therapy session about my struggles of finding balance between work and play. I talk about sacrificing Videogames, how the Discipline of saying no to chocolate bars is helping me say NO to bigger temptations, and how you need to work out what to stop completely vs cut down on; this ones all about Finding Balance … oh, and I also share another healing Lucid Dream I experienced during the week :)
This lil one is all about Inktober, and some of the tings I’ve learnt over the first 5 days. I talk about how Scary it can be to Commit to an Ink Line knowing you can’t Erase it, Some of my Smudging Struggles and how Pencil Drawing seems to be the most important Art skill. The lil Art Tip is how a scrap piece of paper can be used to help check your Proportions when Drawing, and I throw in a lil bit about Consciousness at the end, and how I think the future could be the past :)
On this episode I talk about Self Awareness and Art … Learning how to Draw is all about Self Awareness, such as being aware of Negative Spaces, but it doesn’t have to stop with the Art. This same Self Awareness can be used to start tackling mental issues like OCD, Social Anxiety and even heal suppressed emotional situations from our life. Art is powerful, it always seems to lead to Self Awareness, which seems key to self healing.
This lil episode covers a lot of topics, but mainly it’s about my early experience of using Lucid Dreaming to help heal from Child Abuse … I also talk about Virtual Reality with PSVR, are Videogames bad for you?, a Reiki Healing ‘Healing crisis’, Following Your Bliss, Genital Reassignment Surgery and how I think from time to time we all have to stop and ask ourselves … What do I really want From Life?
This lil one’s all about finding Focus and Balance by Waking Up Early, something I’ve just started doing, and so far, so good … it almost feels like I’ve magically created extra hours in the day :) I also talk about a couple Lucid Dreams and the lil art tip of the week is to do with pencil cases :)
This lil episode’s all about planning, something I’ve been doing a lot of lately with my Passion Planner and Wunderlist App. I talk about some of the stuff that seems to be working, and tings that aren’t going quite according to plan. There’s also a new feature this episode, called the Fascinating Fact … where I share a fascinating fact about something to do with Art, Spirituality, Transitioning and Stuff like that. Hope you like this one :)
SVSLearn.com is the main topic for this weeks lil episode, as I talk about my experience studying with SVSLearn, the Society of Visual Storytelling. We also have the lil Art Tip, which is about creating Colour Palettes for Painting, the Book Book is Keys To Drawing by Bert Dodson, and the Fascinating Fact is about something called Distributed Practice, which drastically increases Knowledge Retention when learning. I also tell a lil story at the end about a Meditation that resulted in an Orgasm. Hope you like this one :)
“Podcasts are Music for the Mind.”