The Drawing exercise Gesture Drawing, and Letting Go of Art, are the main topics for this one, as I attempt to burn my 20,000 Gesture Drawings; Five years worth of Gesture Drawing go up in smoke, or do they?
Dun dun dun lol
I cover a lot of tings on this one,
- Gesture Drawing resources – QuickPoses and Croquis Cafe,
- Traditional vs Digital,
- The KOH-I-NOOR Clutch Pencil with Magic Coloured Leads,
- Proko’s Figure Drawing Course,
- Practicing Bad Habits,
- Should you start your Gestures with the Head?,
- Facing Fears,
- and How The Mind is a Nobhead!
You’ll hear Fireworks exploding in the background at times, as I recorded this one spur of the moment on Halloween night, KA-BOOM! Think it adds a bit of ambiance to the episode :)
I had an aha! Moment during this one … I realised Gesture Drawing isn’t about collecting your Drawings, it’s about showing up to do the Drawing Exercise.
Can you smell burning? I know I can lol
Hope you have fun with this one, please let me know what you think in the comments :)
“ YOU SEE THE LONG PATH AHEAD, AND NOW YOU MUST WALK IT ”
– Verx from QuickPoses.com