106 – CDQ ARTICLE ‘THE LANGUAGE OF SHAPES, WITH TOM HÄNNI’
An Art-Ickle in Issue 9 of the Character Design Quarterly Magazine, entitled ‘The Language of Shapes, with Tom Hänni‘ was the topic for this weeks episode; It really got me thinking about the Power of Shapes and Lines when Designing and Creating Characters.
This one covers stuff like:
- Drawing Exercises to Loosen Up,
- The Power of Writing,
- Keeping it Simple … Stupid,
- Lines of Action,
- Detailing vs Simplifying,
- Big Bastard Basic Shapes,
- and Tom Hänni’s Characters.
I also eat an Easter Egg lol, hope you like this one :)
• INSTAGRAM of Tom Hänni
• BLOG of Tom Hänni
“ DON’T OVERTHINK, SIMPLY DRAW WHATEVER COMES INTO YOUR HEAD ”
– Tom Hänni