This weeks random topic was …
As you can see, Dennis had a week off lol so instead of a random topic, I talk about Haters.
Why do Haters Hate? It’s something I wasn’t quite sure of at the start of the episode, but after talking about Lucid Dreaming in the second half, I realised it was all linked.
Lucid Dreaming is all about Facing your Fears, and Haters are coming from a place of Fear.
The main tings I talk about are
- How Haters can be a Positive thing, if you get your Head in the Right Place
- Why Do Haters Hate?
- How to Deal with Haters?
- How to Turn receiving Hate into a Fun Game
- Various Levels of Lucidity I’ve discovered
- Hate is coming from a place of Fear
- Lucid Dreaming is all about Facing your Fears
- The Power of Lucid Dreaming
I also share a fun way of turning Haters into something positive, that I’m calling the Ice Cream Haters 10, and there’s a lil bit about a new Art Challenge called the Cats of June 2019.
As always, hope you enjoy it :)
WATCH ON YOUTUBE
LINKS DISCUSSED ON THE SHOW
• Cats Of June 2019 Blog Post – a lil blog post I put together about Cats Of June 2019 :)
• SVSlearn Forum Post About Cats Of June 2019 – Joen Söderholm’s forum post about Cats Of June 2019, how to join, what to do and all that fun stuff :)
• 3 Point Perspective Podcast – …can’t find the actual episode, but this is the podcast where Lee White talks about turning haters into a game :)
• Ajahn Brahm : Dealing With Difficult People – the speech where Ajahn Brahm talks about the Prisoner and the horrible Prison Guard. The linked video starts at 19 minutes, just before Ajahn Brahm tells his story
• SeanWes How To Deal With Haters Episode – Sean McCabe talks about how haters are actually a sign that you’re making an impact in the world, and so, it is possible to turn the negativity of a hater, into a positive :)
• YOUTUBE @SophieLawson – including Art Books and Art Tool Reviews, Sketching Sessions, lil Art Tips, Podcast Episodes and a bunch of other tings :)
• TWITTER @SophieLawsonArt – Come say hello, I post me stuff on here :)
• INSTAGRAM @Sophie.Lawson – Pop along to my lil INSTAGRAM feed, where I plop out images from time to time lol
LISTEN TO THE EPISODE
SEND ME A MESSAGE
” ONE TICKLE A DAY “
– Mr Tickle (Roger Hargreaves)
From Arsonist to Artist, this one’s all about Change … ‘ Read one of your Blog Posts ‘ was this weeks lil topic, until I decided naa, can’t be bothered lol and pulled out another one … ‘ Talk About Change ‘ is what came up, and it ends up being a very random episode where I Break the Rules, Nearly Set Fire to lil Dennis and talk about how I used to be an Arsonist but changed into an Artist :) I discuss how Drawing is like life, in that it’s constantly changing, and share another Lucid Dream, and a bit about this odd experiment which will make you question reality. Hope you enjoy this explosive episode :)
On this episode I talk about Thoughts … where do thoughts come from? How comes while I’m drawing thoughts sometimes try to put me off? How comes thoughts have the power to either negatively or positively impact reality? .., I have a theory that thoughts could be linked to the Delayed Choice Quantum Eraser Experiment, this one’s a bit bonkers :)
This lil one’s all about finding Focus and Balance by Waking Up Early, something I’ve just started doing, and so far, so good … it almost feels like I’ve magically created extra hours in the day :) I also talk about a couple Lucid Dreams and the lil art tip of the week is to do with pencil cases :)
This one’s about Iterating in Public, and how I’m going to try a new format for the show. I also talk a lil about my time at a recent Life Drawing class with the amazing Ian Barlow, and a few other bits and bobs. Hope you enjoy it :)
On this lil tiny episode, I talk about a strange experience I had last night while meditating with my eyes open for the first time. I saw something that sent shivers down my whole body … I saw the light bulb on my ceiling flash on and off. No idea what happened there, but it left me in a strange conflicting state of awe and argh … oh, and I also briefly talk about my time with clip studio paint pro, drawing on the Surface Pro 2 :)
Drawing Erasers are not just for erasing mistakes, they can be just as much a drawing tool as a pencil :) Join me for episode Four of the So Free Art Podcast, where I talk about my Best Drawing Erasers for Realistic Pencil Drawing. Including my favourite: Plastic Eraser, Kneaded Eraser, Battery Operated Eraser and the Tombow Mono Zero Eraser Pen :)
This weeks lil podcast is all about Trees; I think everyone should get themselves a little tree friend, they’re like a pack of smarties … they always have the answers :) I talk about my wise Tree Friend, Lucid Dreaming and do a bit of sketching outside at Saltrum, before my lead runs out.
What are the Best Drawing Pencils for Gesture Drawing? Sketching? or Realistic Pencil Drawing? No idea lol but join me for episode Three of the So Free Art Podcast, to find what my personal favourite Drawing Pencils are, and why I prefer using Mechanical / Clutch pencils over traditional wooden pencils :)
This weeks lil episode is another one of those brain dump ones, this time, about Social Media. I talk about how Social Media is both good and bad, Curating content and the struggles of Focusing. There’s also the lil Art Tip, which is about Sharpening Pencils, the Book Book, which is a beautiful lil art book called Momentary, The Art of Ilya Kuvshinov … plus there’s a bit of Lucid Dreaming at the end too :) Hope you like this one.
This is the first unedited podcast I’ve ever done … well, there was a 5 second clip I cut out when I burped lol but apart from that, this was all done in one take. You know what, it felt Liberating :) I talk about Podcasting, Goals and a lil bit about Loneliness. The book book is Journeys Out of the Body by Robert Monroe, and the lil Art Tip is how 30 minutes of practice before bed, can lead to big improvements over time. I hope you like this episode … one of my goals from now on, is to do all future podcasts live, with no editing :) Woohoo! Happy 2019 :)
“Podcasts are Music for the Mind.”