THE SO FREE ART PODCAST
The second part of our look at the ickle article ‘Gesture and Pose with Ida Hem‘, from the Art Book ‘Creating Stylized Characters by 3dtotal Publishing‘.
Last week we looked at – What is Gesture?, Squashing and Stretching, and Building up from a Gesture; this week we look at the rest of the article, which covers Capturing Gestures, and Exploring Personality & Gesture.
- Reference vs Imagination,
- Questions to Ask Yourself as you’re Capturing Gestures,
- Balance between Opposites,
- Simplifying Lines,
- Visual Flow and The Line of Action,
- Comparing Good and Bad Character Poses,
- Why does America use Z’s instead of S’s?
- How Less is More,
- How Knowing What to Exaggerate is Key,
- Technical vs Feeling,
- Shifting Characters Weight via Contrapposto (Counterpoise),
- And lilDENNiS starts humping Kitty.
This was such a fantastic article to study from, hope you enjoyed it :)
• Ida Hem Website
• @IdaSomethingHem – Ida Hem on Instagram
• Clean Character Design with Pernille Ørum Art-ickle
• Click Look Video of the art book ‘Creating Stylized Characters by 3dtotal Publishing’
• Part 1 of Gesture and Pose with Ida Hem